My church family loves me and my children so much and they are helping us all grow together into strong loving believers through “Real Discipleship”
You have put your trust in Jesus Christ and you have turned to Him by faith for salvation. You have prayed the “sinner’s prayer.” You have found His grace and mercy and have been washed in the blood of the lamb. You are “Saved!” And you have stepped out in obedience and made a public declaration of your allegiance to Jesus Christ by being baptized by immersion. What Now? What do you do next?! Here at FCC Blair Family we believe in nurturing strong Christian believers and that this biblical goal is achieved through real discipleship. Thus, every aspect of FCC Blair Family strives to incorporate the following biblical principles in all our Christian service and teachings:
- “PUTTING GOD FIRST” Begin the life long journey of putting God first (i.e., the first commandment) and seeking first the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33). The ability to acknowledge God and recognize His works is the essences and total of everything the Bible and Conservative Christianity proclaims. .
- “STUDYING GOD’S WORD” This is both a personal responsibility and is directly tied in with the church you decide to join. Does the church you attend place a high value on God’s Word? Do the members identify with God’s Word (i.e., do they carry their Bibles and use them)? Do the messages coming from the pulpit come from God’s Word? Or are they based on cute stories and humanistic homilies? Does the leadership and/or senior member of the congregation know God’s Word? If the answer to these questions is no; then you need to get out of that church immediately. There is nothing of greater value than the value you place on God’s Word. If your church does not respect that, then do not allow them to waste your time with “idle words.” .
- “DESIRE TO CHANGING” Begin the life long journey denying the works of the flesh (see list Galatians 5:19-26) . It is God’s grace and mercy that washed your sins away in the precious blood of the lamb. We must therefore learn walk worth of our calling. .
- “HEALTH CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP” When I speak of a health conservative Christian church I am referring to three distinct characteristics: first, a genuine love of God’s Word; second, a genuine love for Jesus Christ; and finally, a genuine love for the Spirit-led new life which includes love for each other. The Bible tells us that “the church” is made up of individual believers coming together with the purpose of worship and discipleship. .
- “DESIRE TO BE TRAINED” Willingness to be discipled and finding Conservative Christians willing and able to teach and train you. What does this mean? Discipleship is a biblical concept by which more mature and experienced believers teach and train newer and less experienced believers how to “live for Christ.” .
- “INVOLVED IN MINISTRY” Even if you have limited experience and knowledge of the “things of God” you can always find places to plug in at church; even if its just opening doors for people on Sunday morning. Getting involved builds ownership; and ownership builds stewardship; and stewardship builds value. .
- “GIVE TO THE MINISTRY” The Bible says that “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21). Your spiritual growth and development is directly connected to your attitude concerning money. Do not over look this important aspect of your Spirit-led new life. .
- “SHARE YOUR FAITH” Sharing your faith is an important part of your spiritual growth. However, this unlike other aspects of your Christian walk should not be done out of duty or commandment. Sharing one’s faith should flow out of the joy of living the Spirit-led life. .
- “SEEK TO BE A LEADER” There is a biblical reality that every Conservative Christian needs to be aware of and that is “the more useful we become in God’s hands and more He will use us.” Thus, the Word of God instructs us that it is the role of the older believers to lead and teach the younger believers. .
- “SEEK A PARTNER WHO IS ALSO BEING DISCIPLED” If you desire to be married. Seek a partner who is following the above list. It is as simple as that. If they are not on the same path do not become unequally yoked with them.