Pastor Ken (aka PK) and Joyce Begg are two newlyweds who have been happily married for 28 years. They have four children who are committed followers of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Their oldest is Bethany, who is now Bethany Teten. She is a graduate of Pensacola Christian College and in married to a wonderful Christian man named Theodore (Ted). They have two cats and a dog. PK and Joyce’s oldest son Justin served his country proudly for four years in the United States Marines. He is a strong believer who married an equally passionate follower of Christ, Abbie. Their third oldest is Jacob. He too is a strong believer in Christ and is currently serving his country as a United States Marine. The baby of the family, though he stands head and shoulders above all who came before him, is their son, Joshua. He is currently attending college in Florida at Pensacola Christian College.
Pastor Kenneth E. Begg (B.R.E. and M.A.)
Pastor Ken is the senior pastor of First Christian Church of Blair, Nebraska. He and his family have lived and ministered in Nebraska for over 12 years. They are native to Michigan but moved here when called to be youth pastor at Country Bible Church of Blair. He ministered there for several years until he was called to a small struggling church in the neighboring city of Fort Calhoun, NE. He was the Senior Pastor for Abiding Faith Baptist Church of Fort Calhoun for about seven years.
Pastor Ken holds to earned degrees. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Bible and a Master’s degree in Christian Thought (Biblical and Systematic Theology) from Trinity Seminary (i.e., Trinity University, Deerfield, Illinois).
I was born in Detroit, Michigan on June 19th 1964. My mother a nominal Roman Catholic and my father a nominal Presbyterian raised my sister and me in a fun and loving home. However, my parents decided not to push their religious views on us and thus beyond the age of 5 years old we never attended a religious services of any kind. Having no spiritual guidance I grew very cynical in my heart about the existence of God, heaven, and hell. In 1977 my ignorance concerning the things of God would be challenged. My family moved out of Detroit to a suburb called St. Clair Shores where I came in contact with a Christian family who lived down the street. Over the next 5 years the oldest son of this family and I became very good friends; he continually challenged my thinking concerning the existence of God, the authority of His word and the importance of trusting Jesus Christ as Savior. When I turned 18 years old I took a bicycle trip from Michigan to California for no other reason than to see the country. Before leaving on this this trip I was challenged by several Christian friends to take a copy of the Bible along with me and take some time and read the gospel of John. Strangely enough that is exactly what I did and the Spirit of God used His Word along with the witness and prayer of those back home to bring conviction to my heart and lead me to saving grace. I was just outside of Wahoo, Nebraska when I got off my bicycle and gave my life to Jesus Christ. After accepting the Lord Jesus Christ into my heart that July morning back in 1982 I got back on my bicycle and completed my journey to California. Several weeks later I returned to Michigan and told everyone who would listen about my new found faith. My Christian friends were of course delighted. My family and unbelieving friends were less than happy for me. Despite their animosity and disapproval I immediately began attending a Bible believing church and was baptized.
PK’s DOCTRINAL BELIEFS
- THE BIBLE
- He believes in the Bible as God’s Holy Word, the Scriptures.
- He believes in the verbal, plenary inspiration by God of the original manuscripts of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, and that they are inerrant and infallible in all matters.
- He believes that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the Bible, including —historical, poetical, doctrinal, and prophetical—as appeared in the original manuscripts.
- He accepts the Bible as the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- He accepts the Genesis account as being an historical record of creation and believes that the universe with all that is in it was created by God, not produced by some process of evolution
- He believes in God Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible.
- He believes the one true and living God is one in essence, possessing three eternal, personal distinctions which are revealed to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection, yet executing distinct but harmonious offices (i.e., The Trinity)
- JESUS CHRIST
- He believes in the Lord Jesus Christ; God’s one and only begotten Son; our one and only Savior.
- He believes that Jesus Christ is the Creator of all things visible and invisible.
- Jesus’ First Advent:
- He believes that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary; that He is One Person possessing two natures and thus is true God and true man; that He lived a sinless life and gave Himself as a perfect substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of all men.
- He believes that Jesus suffered and was crucified under Pontius Pilate.
- He believes that Jesus died and was buried, and rose again bodily from the dead on the third day.
- He believes that Jesus ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father.
4. Jesus’ Second Advent: He believes that Jesus will return to earth to judge both the living and the dead.
- HOLY SPIRIT
- He believes in the Holy Spirit, who is an active and operative part of the Triune God.
- He believes He is the creator of all things visible and invisible.
- He believes that the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the blessed Trinity, though omnipresent from all eternity, took up His abode in the world in a special sense on the day of Pentecost according to the divine promise, dwells in every believer, and by His baptism unites all to Christ in one body, and that He, as the Indwelling One, is the source of all power and all acceptable worship and service.
- He believes the Holy Spirit’s ministry includes but is not limited to:
- Restraining of evil in the world to the measure of the divine will.
- The convicting of the world respecting sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- The regenerating of all believers; the indwelling and anointing of all who are saved, thereby sealing them unto the day of redemption.
- The baptizing into the one body of Christ of all who are saved.
- And the continued filling for power, teaching, and service of those among the saved who are yielded to Him and who are subject to His will produces in them the fruit of the Spirit.
- ANGELS AND SATAN
He believes that God created an innumerable company of sinless beings known as angels; that many of these continue in their holy state and are the ministers of God; that Lucifer (now known as Satan or the Devil) and many others rebelled against God; that these fallen angels, though defeated in the cross of Christ, still continue to oppose God and His work; that they will ultimately be judged by God and cast into the Lake of Fire to suffer everlasting punishment, which is their righteous due.
- MANKIND AND SIN
He believes the Bible teaches that man (i.e., male and female) created by God, willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- SAVING FAITH: He believe the Bible teaches that salvation and the forgiveness of sins are achieved only by grace through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ (i.e., “being born-again”).
- OBEDIENT WALK AND ASSURANCE: He believes the Bible teaches that one receives God’s grace by putting faith in Christ, repenting of sin, confessing Christ, being baptized by immersion into Christ (believers baptism), living for Christ, etc… but that none of these is sufficient in and of itself for the assurance of salvation.
- EXTENT OF SALVATION: He believes at the moment of Saving Faith a believer pass immediately out of spiritual death into spiritual life and are accepted before the Father according as Christ His Son is accepted.
- THE CHURCH
- He believes the Church which is Christ’s body is composed of all true believers (those who have been born again through a personal acceptance of Christ as Savior) that this Church was brought into being on the day of Pentecost by the Holy Spirit’s baptizing into one body all who have called upon the Lord Jesus to be their Savior.
- He believes that water baptism by immersion (i.e., believer’s baptism) and the Lord’s Supper are the only sacraments and ordinances of the church.
- END TIMES
- He believes in the physical return of Jesus Christ to earth.
- He believes in the destruction of the world as we know it during the time of Tribulation.
- He believes in the Eternal State:
- HEAVEN: He believes that at death the spirits and souls of those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation pass immediately into His presence and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the glorified body when Christ comes for His own, whereupon soul and body reunited shall be associated with Him forever in glory;
- HELL: He believes the spirits and souls of the unbelieving remain after death conscious of condemnation and in misery until the final judgment of the great white throne at the close of the millennium, when soul and body reunited shall be cast into the lake of fire, not to be annihilated, but to be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power.
4. He believes that God will create a new heaven and new earth and we shall forever be with Him, Amen.